Visual Analytics describes a subset of techniques related to data analysis where the goal is to visualize data such it can be analyzed by humans in the most effective way. The resulting (usually interactive) visualizations should contribute in at least one of the following ways:
- Improving time for data queries (e.g. by presenting large data in a compressed view)
- Enhancing pattern-recognition (e.g. by creating structured representations)
- Increase cognitive resources (e.g. expand human working memory)
- Supporting easy perceptual inference of relationships
- Perceptual monitoring of multiple events
- By the interactive design large dimensional space can be visualized compared to static visualizations.